Looking to buy in a rural area? Purchase your next home with a USDA loan.
USDA loans are designed for borrowers looking to purchase a property in rural areas. They are issued through the USDA Rural Development Guaranteed Housing Loan Program. These loans are in place to encourage people to purchase homes in rural areas, and in turn help to improve the economy and quality of life in these areas.
- Purchase with as little as 0% down*
- More competitive interest rates in many instances
- Purchaser’s income must be below the limit for the county they are purchasing in as set by the USDA
- The property must be owner-occupied, meaning this loan may not be used to purchase an investment property
- The property must be in a designated rural development area as defined by the USDA
- For a full list of limits, programs, their requirements and a map to show what areas are designated rural please visit the USDA’s website
Please note the full list of eligibility requirements, guidelines and benefits have not been listed. USDA scenario is for a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage loan for a $200,000 financed at 100% at the amount of $200,000 with a 4.750% interest rate (5.284% APR) locked for 30 days. Upfront Mortgage Insurance Premium has been rolled into the loan amount at a rate of 1.00% of loan amount & monthly MIP has been rolled into monthly payment at a rate of .35%. Monthly mortgage is estimated to be $1,112.34. Property taxes and insurance not included.