Join the First Bank team.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our growing team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mortgage Loan Closer
**MUST LIVE IN THE DFW AREA**
First Bank is looking for an ambitious and passionate individual to join our team as a Mortgage Loan Closer. It will be the Mortgage Loan Closer’s responsibility to request and/or prepare mortgage loan closing packages along with attorney documents, reviewing title commitments, hazard insurance policies, Loan Estimates, Closing Disclosures, appraisals, and surveys among other responsibilities. The Mortgage Loan Closer will work alongside the sales, processing and underwriting departments by maintaining and delivering an excellent customer experience.
Our Ideal Mortgage Loan Closer
- Responsible for issuing the initial Closing Disclosure within 3 business days of closing.
- Prepare required documents necessary for the loan to close in compliance with federal regulations and investor requirements
- Review closing documents for accuracy
- Work under tight deadlines and time constraints while maintaining a low error rate
- Extensive knowledge of the different requirements for closing Conventional, FHA, USDA and VA loans as well as the differences of a refinance and purchase
- Assist Post-Closing team to clear any suspense conditions when applicable
- Approve final CD’s according to specific product and UW requirements
- Attend all scheduled meetings, mortgage related courses or other general banking courses as required
- Assist Funding Dept. to ensure closing conditions are satisfied prior to loan funding.
- Communicate with and provide support to loan officers, processors and title companies on a daily basis and as needed
- Be available during the assigned business hours for communication through such methods as cell phone, home phone, voice mail, email, fax, etc., and agrees to respond in a prompt manner. Employee-initiated schedule changes must be discussed and approved in advance by the supervisor
- Reports all quality issues to supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification or military experience
- Must know how to plan, organize and prioritize tasks
- Must exhibit interpersonal sensitivity
- Understand and follow protocol for the proper lines of communication
- Maintain a clear understanding of company mission and values
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions
- Familiarity with lending process from application to funding
- Understanding of FHA, conventional, jumbo and other loan products
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
**MUST LIVE IN THE DFW AREA**Apply online
Why work at First Bank?
We treat our team members like Family.
We win when the team wins, and support each other day in, day out. By building a culture of teamwork and support, we turn challenges into opportunities.
Less red tape + more customer happiness = more deals done.
Serving North Texas since 1907, First Bank has built a thriving business through close collaboration amongst every part of the team. When lenders have access to underwriters and underwriters have access to decision-makers, common sense deals get done.
We are a seasoned mortgage operation, bolstered by cutting edge technology.
The First Connect digital mortgage experience uses A.I. to power every loan, streamlining the application process, and making it easy to manage each loan in the pipeline. This enables us to focus on delivering the best possible mortgage experience for our customers.