First Bank values the efforts and sacrifices made by those who have served and who are serving our country. VA home loans are loans reserved for those who are currently under active duty in the US Armed Forces and to Veterans and are guaranteed by the United States Department of Veteran Affairs. They are in place in an effort to help veterans and their families obtain the long-term financing on a home. Spouses of veterans that have passed due to a service related event may also be eligible for VA loans.
There are many benefits to VA loans that should definitely be considered if you meet the criteria:
- No money down required
- Competitive interest rates
- No mortgage insurance premiums
- Plus many more
Some of the criteria to be eligible for a VA Loan are as follows:
- Applicant must have been discharged from service under conditions other than dishonorable
- Minimum Active Duty requirement of 90 days for wartime period or 181 days in peacetime period
- Full list of eligibility criteria can be found here
If you’d like to learn more about VA loans one of our mortgage experts would be more than happy to help you determine if it’s the right choice for you and your family.
Please note the full list of eligibility requirements, guidelines and benefits have not been listed.