The First Bank Bridge Loan is one of our most popular portfolio loans. It offers a convenient, short-term financing option to families that need to sell a house and buy another one at the same time.
Watch a short clip that summarizes our Bridge Loan:
So why a Bridge Loan?
- It may not require a down payment
- There are no pre-payment penalties associated with our Bridge Loan
- You only have to move one time
- It allows you more time and cuts back on the stress involved with selling your current home
- Payments on your new home will be deferred, or basically put on hold, for 6 months
- It allows you to make a non-contingent offer on a home which in turn grants you more buying power
Who could benefit from our Bridge Loan?
- If you don’t qualify with 2 mortgages
- If you do qualify for 2 mortgages but don’t want to make payments on 2 homes at the same time
- If you’d like to use the equity in your current home as the down payment for the new home
- If you don’t want to resort to liquidating your assets for your down payment – which basically means use your current assets and their cash value as your down payment
Here at First Bank we aim to have all of your bases covered to ensure that we’re the first and last bank you contact to purchase your home. We’re here to ensure your home purchase goes along as smoothly as possible!