At First Bank, we have a passion for building strong relationships with not only our customers and business partners, but our team members as well. We maintain a wholesome environment that fosters reliable and efficient financial solutions and service to our surrounding communities. Strong, family-based culture with an excellent workplace for team-building and great growth potential, makes First Bank the perfect company to grow and carve out a fruitful path for your career.
The Sr. Mortgage Consultant will be responsible for representing First Bank and originating residential mortgage loans. The position develops and maintains existing external business and customer relationships, as well as identifies new customer opportunities from various channels with the purpose of recommending a mortgage product for which the customer qualifies. The Sr. Mortgage Consultant also issues mortgage pre-qualifications, stays in contact with customers and continues to foster the relationship until they close their loan.
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and current customers, as well as realtors, builders, attorneys, and other third parties.
- Inquiries into the customer’s income, assets, investments, debt, credit history, prior bankruptcies, judgments, and liens, as well as the characteristics of the property and other similar information in order to assess a customer’s financial circumstances and determine whether the customer and the property qualify for a particular loan.
- Analyzes the customer’s particular reasons for purchase or refinance, plus their financial background, and reviews the availability of all loan products that might fit the customer’s needs.
- Advises the customer of the inherent risks and benefits of loan alternatives in order to recommend the most suitable product.
- Performs all steps and functions necessary to acquire, research/analyze and approve mortgage packages to include property appraisals, credit reports, background checks, etc.
- Submits complete and accurate mortgage loan packages that provide all of the information needed to make an underwriting decision.
- Manages a clean pipeline of loans in process coordinating with Processors, Underwriters, and Closers on a daily basis
- Meets and maintains all mortgage loan origination licensing requirements including continuing education requirements.
- Stays up-to-date on availability of all products and any changes in the industry
- Ensures full compliance with all applicable federal and state law and regulations, all Company policies and procedures, and all applicable investor guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008.
- Minimum of 2 Years of mortgage origination experience preferred
- Ability to determine appropriate interest rate quote to customer and to determine maximum qualification amounts based on investor guidelines
- Ability to apply investor guidelines to specific sales situations and use discretion and judgment to recommend the most appropriate products to customers based on qualifications and needs identified by customer analysis
- Excellent communication, analytical, customer service and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products and ability to quickly gain proficiency in the Company’s proprietary mortgage software products
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to conduct presentations and hold one-on-one meetings
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Benefits as a First Bank Sr. Mortgage Consultant
- Aggressive Compensation plan compared to competitors
- Competitive interest rate availability
- In-House loan officer coaching
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending and savings accounts
- 401k with matching
- 24/7 Private Health benefits concierge
- Remote medical consultation service
- Experienced operations staff
- Unmatched Marketing Department to help you grow and maintain your portfolio of business
First Bank is looking for a Loan Originator Assistant to join our growing team. The right candidate will support the Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) so that the MLO can focus on producing more volume and overall provide a higher level of customer service.
Our Ideal Loan Officer Assistant
- Communicate with parties to the transaction to update them on loan status
- Track outstanding applications and loan documents and call customers to follow up on those documents.
- Scheduling appointments for the loan officer
- Assist MLO in converting prequalification to applications in the loan officer. This is strictly handling the administrative side of setting up the electronic loan package (The loan officer should select product, loan terms, etc. and it should be in the MLO’s name in the LOS.)
- Assist MLO in preparing loan application documentation to submit to processing.
- Assist MLO in returning phone calls when appropriate. Only basic status updates or requests for information may be made. LOA – Unlicensed is prohibited from communicating or negotiating loan terms, rates, etc. to a consumer.
- Monitor pipeline reports daily for status of applications and communicate with processors weekly/daily to make sure all loans are moving through the approval process
- Occasionally provide initial “set up” of the file. i.e., order appraisal, title, verifications etc.
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year of experience in administrative support activities
- Previous mortgage experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Must have good working knowledge of current mortgage lending compliance and regulatory requirements
- Must be eager to learn and a motivated self-starter
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Possess superior customer service skills
- Must be organized and responsible and able to use good judgment
First Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, First Bank complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
First Bank expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of First Bank’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.