At First Bank, we have a passion for building strong relationships with not only our customers and business partners, but our team members as well. We maintain a wholesome environment that fosters reliable and efficient financial solutions and service to our surrounding communities. Strong, family-based culture with an excellent workplace for team-building and great growth potential, makes First Bank the perfect company to grow and carve out a fruitful path for your career.
The Sr. Mortgage Consultant will be responsible for representing First Bank and originating residential mortgage loans. The position develops and maintains existing external business and customer relationships, as well as identifies new customer opportunities from various channels with the purpose of recommending a mortgage product for which the customer qualifies. The Sr. Mortgage Consultant also issues mortgage pre-qualifications, stays in contact with customers and continues to foster the relationship until they close their loan.
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and current customers, as well as realtors, builders, attorneys, and other third parties.
- Inquiries into the customer’s income, assets, investments, debt, credit history, prior bankruptcies, judgments, and liens, as well as the characteristics of the property and other similar information in order to assess a customer’s financial circumstances and determine whether the customer and the property qualify for a particular loan.
- Analyzes the customer’s particular reasons for purchase or refinance, plus their financial background, and reviews the availability of all loan products that might fit the customer’s needs.
- Advises the customer of the inherent risks and benefits of loan alternatives in order to recommend the most suitable product.
- Performs all steps and functions necessary to acquire, research/analyze and approve mortgage packages to include property appraisals, credit reports, background checks, etc.
- Submits complete and accurate mortgage loan packages that provide all of the information needed to make an underwriting decision.
- Manages a clean pipeline of loans in process coordinating with Processors, Underwriters, and Closers on a daily basis
- Meets and maintains all mortgage loan origination licensing requirements including continuing education requirements.
- Stays up-to-date on availability of all products and any changes in the industry
- Ensures full compliance with all applicable federal and state law and regulations, all Company policies and procedures, and all applicable investor guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008.
- Minimum of 2 Years of mortgage origination experience preferred
- Ability to determine appropriate interest rate quote to customer and to determine maximum qualification amounts based on investor guidelines
- Ability to apply investor guidelines to specific sales situations and use discretion and judgment to recommend the most appropriate products to customers based on qualifications and needs identified by customer analysis
- Excellent communication, analytical, customer service and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products and ability to quickly gain proficiency in the Company’s proprietary mortgage software products
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to conduct presentations and hold one-on-one meetings
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Benefits as a First Bank Sr. Mortgage Consultant
- Aggressive Compensation plan compared to competitors
- Competitive interest rate availability
- In-House loan officer coaching
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending and savings accounts
- 401k with matching
- 24/7 Private Health benefits concierge
- Remote medical consultation service
- Experienced operations staff
- Unmatched Marketing Department to help you grow and maintain your portfolio of business
First Bank is looking for an ambitious and passionate individual to join our team as a Mortgage Loan Closer. It will be the Mortgage Loan Closer’s responsibility to request and/or prepare mortgage loan closing packages along with attorney documents, reviewing title commitments, hazard insurance policies, Loan Estimates, Closing Disclosures, appraisals, and surveys among other responsibilities. The Mortgage Loan Closer will work alongside the sales, processing and underwriting departments by maintaining and delivering an excellent customer experience.
Our Ideal Closer
- Responsible for issuing the initial Closing Disclosure within 3 business days of closing.
- Prepare required documents necessary for the loan to close in compliance with federal regulations and investor requirements.
- Review closing documents for accuracy. Work under tight deadlines and time constraints while maintaining a low error rate.
- Extensive knowledge of the different requirements for closing Conventional, FHA, USDA and VA loans as well as the differences of a refinance and purchase.
- Assist Post-Closing team to clear any suspense conditions when applicable.
- Approve final CD’s according to specific product and UW requirements.
- Attend all scheduled meetings, mortgage related courses or other general banking courses as required.
- Assist Funding Dept. to ensure closing conditions are satisfied prior to loan funding.
- Communicate with and provide support to loan officers, processors and title companies on a daily basis and as needed.
- Be available during the assigned business hours for communication through such methods as cell phone, home phone, voice mail, email, fax, etc., and agrees to respond in a prompt manner. Employee-initiated schedule changes must be discussed and approved in advance by the supervisor.
- Reports all quality issues to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification or military experience
- Must know how to plan, organize and prioritize tasks
- Must exhibit interpersonal sensitivity
- Understand and follow protocol for the proper lines of communication
- Maintain a clear understanding of company mission and values
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions
- Familiarity with lending process from application to funding
- Understanding of FHA, conventional, jumbo and other loan products
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
First Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, First Bank complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
First Bank expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of First Bank’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.